Plan Your Visit
Safety & Security
Everyone will be required to pass through metal detectors. Bag checks will be conducted at entry points. The Halton Arena has a clear bag policy.
Prior to the ceremony, make arrangements with your graduate on a location to meet up after the ceremony.
All Commencement ceremonies will be held in the Dale F. Halton Arena, located inside of the James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center. The GPS address is 9201 University City Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28223. Police and parking attendants will be available to direct traffic on campus. Doors at the Halton Arena open 90 minutes prior to the ceremony. Rideshare guests may use Lot 7A at Memorial Hall, located on University Road, to be dropped off before or picked up after Commencement.
A drop-off area is available at the West Entrance of the James H. Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Dale F. Halton Arena) for graduates and guests with limited mobility. Once on campus, follow the signs and tell traffic personnel that you wish to use the arena’s drop-off area. Staff will be available to assist. Niner Paratransit service will be provided at the East Deck, Student Union, and Light Rail as needed. Guests will be transported to the SAC West Entrance.
Campus parking is FREE at all parking lots and decks. Parking attendants and police officers will be stationed around campus to help direct traffic. Please be advised that the route you travel to enter the campus may not be the same route you are required to travel as you exit the campus. A walking map with directions from the parking decks to the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena) can be found here.
- Shuttle service will begin 2 hours prior to the ceremony, and will operate continuously until 1.5 hours after the end of the ceremony.
- NOTE: Doors to Halton Arena open 90 minutes prior to the ceremonies.
- ADA parking is available at West Deck.
- Commencement shuttle stops are located at East Deck, the UNC Charlotte Main Light Rail station and the Popp Martin Student Union.
- Drop-off location will be at the Popp Martin Student Union. Follow directional sign to the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena).
- Niner Paratransit, the University’s ADA transport service, will be provided from East Deck, Student Union Deck, and the UNC Charlotte Main Light Rail station. Guests will be transported to the Barnhardt Student Activity Center West Entrance.
- Wheelchair assistance will be available for guests with limited mobility at the Barnhardt Student Activity Center (Halton Arena) West Entrance. Guest will be transferred to a seat.
- Guests who are dropped off will need event tickets to enter the facility.
- The last shuttles from the Popp Martin Student Union back to East Deck and UNC Charlotte Light Rail Main Station leave at approximately 90 minutes after the ceremony ends.